Alpine X-Series 6,5" Coaxial 2-Way Speakers (X-S65)
Alpine X-Series 6,5" Coaxial 2-Way Speakers (X-S65)
The Alpine X-Series 6,5" Coaxial 2-Way Speakers (X-S65) combine proven technologies, superior materials and innovative design to reproduce sound so accurately, you’ll feel like you’re right in front of the performance.
- Hi-Res Audio is the next level of digital audio for music fans alike and requires an incredibly wide dynamic range to reproduce music with amazing realism and depth. The X-Series speakers are Hi-Rez compatible and when paired with other X-Series components, provide an incredible Hi-Rez Audio experience.
- “Good enough” is a common phrase used to describe many factory vehicle sound systems these days. Alpine’s top sound engineers from all over the world gathered in Alpine headquarters to deeply research and evaluate the state of in-car sound from various sources including aftermarket sound systems and high-end factory systems. The researched showed that In-vehicles sound systems of today have achieved the ear-pleasing, wide dynamic range and are able to reach sufficient volume levels. What they found that was commonly missing in all of these systems was an accurate sound stage; the “appearance” of the music to be properly positioned in front of you, just like you would experience in live music. This missing attribute is what drove us to create a sound philosophy called Alpine: Image Defined. Alpine ID for short, is the new global sound philosophy with an evolutionary approach for solving what’s missing in most car audio systems these days: great spatial imaging and depth of stage. It centers on developing matched sound systems that work together to create a highly realistic sound stage with great dynamic range and quality. X-Series the first set of audio components to be engineered under this new thinking.
- The X-Series’ speaker cone is made from a tightly interwoven Nano-fiber material. The extremely small diameter fibers create a damped, rigid cone structure while staying lightweight. Because of this light rigidity, the X-Series speaker is capable of highly accurate sound reproduction while maintaining a soft tonality. The cone’s resistance to flex ensures there is very little to no discoloration of sound and phase shifts. The result is a highly accurate speaker that is well staged in front of you.
- Alpine’s High Amplitude Multi-Roll surround is a patented technology originally implemented in subwoofers to increase excursion while maintaining accuracy and linearity. This technology has made its way into midrange speakers and the results have been spectacular. The multi-roll design allows an even unfolding of the surround which creates incredible linearity and colorization rejection.
- Repositioning the already powerful neodymium magnet to the center of the voice coil allows for direct drive of the coil. A traditional magnet mounted outside of the voice sends its magnetism through the top and bottom plate resulting in losses of magnetic strength. This direct-drive effect allows for increased efficiency and accuracy. A side effect of moving the magnet into the center pole is the ability to reduce the size of the outer basket making it easier to fit in various vehicle applications.
- The tweeter’s diaphragm is built from a sheet of carbon graphite which enables it to reproduce frequency ranges in the upper 55kHz range, usually achieved using a harsher, hard dome tweeter like Aluminum or Titanium. Carbon graphite allows us to hit those High-rez audio-compatible frequencies while maintaining the softer, more damped sound qualities of a soft dome.
- With the introduction of the nanofiber cone, the X-Series’ midrange is capable of reproducing some incredible detail in the upper frequency range, known as transients. These harmonic notes are details lost when a low past filter is introduced. Along with limiting these frequencies, a low pass filter can introduce phase shifts in the upper frequency ranges which create time smearing and other phase issues. To ensure proper detail reproduction and imaging, we allow the midrange to play in full range and include a simple high pass filter for the tweeter. As a system, these speakers are able to play highly detailed music passages where you can feel the musicians presence in front of you.
|Stock Availability||Please check stock prior to purchase|
|Brand||Alpine Car Audio|
E&OE Notice | Stock Availability, Pricing and Product Information
While we strive to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information (including, without limitation, images, information related to text, pricing, availability, product descriptions and package contents) at any time without notice (Including: after you submitted your order; confirmation was received; and payment has been made). In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, we shall have the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse and cancel any orders. Cancelled orders already paid for will be refunded to you in full.